You’re not my mom! A story on the food here at EMS

Angelina Gillison, jack + jill

Here is the Jack and Jane panel which is here to here to help address your concerns and maybe even your true thoughts. This panel is a safe place where we keep you anonymous and will of course provide help and support. My name is Angelina, I am an eighth grader here at EMS and if you ever have anything you want to get off your chest, I am here for you.  The concern focuses on two different entries given to us. Please look to find another article done by Khalil that speaks about the issue with school bathrooms and the school’s cleanliness. Here I am focusing on the topic of school lunch and the food provided here at EMS middle school. Two concerns addressed in this person’s complaint was the fact that we only have one other alternative from the lunch provided and that we are forced to get a certain amount of fruits or side items with our lunch. I understand this fully because most days I find myself getting pizza for lunch with a fruit I will never eat. For the fruit problem. having a certain amount of each food group is required. However, the pizza complaint could be something we could fix. We do have other alternatives such as PB&J along with maybe a salad or deli type of lunch. Yet, maybe some days the school could switch it up and instead of pizza why not give a different alternative such as a plain burger or any other common fast food type of meal. This is what I think on the topic of course. Everyone has their own opinions and ideas, you also need to remember the fact that our school may not have the money at the moment to make these expensive changes. Be patient and just hope for the best.

1 Comment

One Response to “You’re not my mom! A story on the food here at EMS”

1. Brady Eggleston on October 9th, 2018 8:50 am

That would be a good idea.

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

You must be logged in to post a comment.

The Student News Site of Edwards Middle School